Saturday, June 25, 2011

Photography Assignment 3 - Reflections



The third and final assignment of the introductory course. We've already enrolled in the next course which starts in about 3 weeks, very excited.
So the theme/brief for this assignment was simply Reflections.
1. A close-up of the wheel of one of the very large trucks that participated in the Gayndah parade. The crowd and pub behind us is reflected in the hub cap. I only had my 50mm lens with me, so it's way too far out, I really wish I'd had my 200mm zoom lens, but such is life.
2. On the way home from Gayndah we got stuck in a massive traffic jam in Gympie, so now we can all relive that experience through the magic of my side mirror.
3. & 4. I bought this beautiful old glass jar a while ago and it's just been sitting in the book case collecting dust, so this was a great opportunity to use it as a subject. Compositionally I really wanted to show the star twice - once the reflection (sharp) as well as looking through the jar from the back (out of focus). Aperture was at about f4 I think.
5. At this point I was scrambling for anything with shiny surfaces, and I happened to grab a couple of harmonicas and an old drum I scored from a shoot a few years ago.

2 comments: