Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Getting school by a teenager, again

This is a special week for our Dojo as we have are hosting Mitani Kazuya Sensei of Seitokukai, his wife and two of his students this week. We had our first training session with them today and did mostly sparring. At this juncture I should point out that the two students are diminutive 14-year old girls. The one I sparred is a good head shorter than I am, but she is fast as lighting. I only managed to score on her once; I lost the match 1-3. It was very interesting to watch them spar each other, they have a slightly different style of sparring to what most of the members of our Dojo do. They're very light on their feet, don't balk much, and are in and out in a flash. I hope to spar the other student on Thursday to see if I have learnt anything from my observations.

No comments:

Post a Comment