Monday, April 4, 2011

Turkish in Brisbane - Caravanserai in West End

A couple of weeks ago we had a lovely meal at Caravanserai at Dornoch Terrace in West End. I have never been to Turkey, so I cannot speak to the authenticity of the food, however, I can speak as to the general tastiness of it. We were a group of 8, so we got the regular banquet for all of us - a mix of vegetarian and meat. The entrees were a mix of dips and what I guess is the Turkish equivalent of Italian antipasti - marinated artichokes, mushrooms etc. The mains included kofta (meatballs), chicken skewers, haloumi, couscous, seafood pilaf and yummy veges and salads. The meat was tender and juicy (unlike another Turkish restaurant I've been to at South Bank that shall remain nameless); seasoned to perfection, with sauces that were full of flavour and just the right amount of spiciness. Sadly I didn't take any photos of the food; I was so intent on eating ;)
I only remembered to snap a few pics towards the end of the night - love the way the (yummy, albeit a little sweet for my taste) Chai latte was presented (right image). The dessert encompassed standard Turkish fare - baklava, Turkish delight, some other things I don't remember but were very tasty. 
We were seated out the back balcony which is lovely and breezy, with a great atmosphere - a little dark for my personal liking, but also cosy.
This is the second time we've eaten here and we will definitely come back. Very handy on-street parking, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment