Thursday, April 8, 2010

First Post

Inspired by my workmate Chantelle over at Little Things I have decided to give this blogging thing a go.

Whilst it feels somewhat narcissistic, she assures me that it's a great way to easily keep references on hand.

With this in mind, I did a bit of a clean-up of old 'hard-copy' references I had torn out of magazines over the years, and managed to throw a lot of stuff out. There are only a couple of things I still liked, so I will start by posting these.

Firstly, a random beauty shot from a random magazine, no idea where this is from or what is was for, but I like it. The chalky hair and make-up are beautiful, but haunting at the same time. Gorgeous, shadowy lighting.


Secondly. In my first semester at uni, in art theory, I really got into art nouveau, and eventually did a couple of projects inspired by art nouveau later in my course. In the research process I found some illustrated capitals in a random art book, so here are some badly photocopied and scanned examples of art nouveau typography.



 KK

No comments:

Post a Comment